Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fright Night

A young teenager discovers that his new next door neighbor is a real life vampire.

Oh how I hate horror films, and yet it is amazing what a good looking man can get me to see.  Yes I saw Fright Night, and in 3D no less -- tsk tsk tsk Colin Farrell.

OK so this was absolute rubbish.  I have never seen the original Fright Night so I have no commentary on how this remake compares.  I will say however that I did spend the entire movie with my ears plugged as it was bloodcurdling, although at the same time I was totally irritated at how stupid all the characters were.

I suppose if you are into vampire movies this one might work for you,  I understand that it borrowed from many of the early vampire works in terms of what vampires can and can't do and how one goes about destroying them, which FYI isn't common knowledge.

Can't say I was impressed by this scary movie, mostly because I can't stand Anton Yelchin, the kid who played the main character. He is so spineless.  I don't know that this actor is capable of playing anything but himself and that seems to be a soft spoken, stammering, stick figure -- serves me right, as I went only to see Colin Farrell.  Who by the way makes an excellent bad guy.  He is the saving grace of this flick as he is truly frightening.

* 1/2 Rentable


Rated R (for gore and language)

1 comment:

Hillary Corpuz said...

I am surprised you saw this, though Colin(sp?) is enticing, the trailors said it all :)