Monday, November 5, 2007

Digital Video Disc

I have no idea if that's what DVD stands for, but that sounds about right, doesn't sound made up....I'll run with it.

Anyway, "Transformers" came out a few weeks ago on DVD and if you saw it in the theater, good work, what a fun movie, especially on the big screen. I am not ashamed to say, well maybe a little, let's say I'm not ashamed to say to people who know me, that I saw it in the theater 4 times. Hey, I'm a special fx freak and they don't come much better than they do in Transformers. And I'm an animator, so it was also research...yeah. Well, if you didn't see it in theaters, shame on you, you can still see it in IMAX theaters I believe, so you can get the theater experience. I've yet to see it on an IMAX screen, but I imagine it would be awesome, and it has added footage, not seen in the original theatrical release, however, as most never-before-seen footage, I'm sure it wasn't "seen before" for a reason. But at least rent or just buy the dvd, you won't regret it. It's action packed, ground breaking special fx, really funny, a lot of fun.....aaand it has two extremely attractive girls in it, Megan Fox and some blonde Australian chick, wow. And the voice of Optimus Prime is done by the guy that did it for the original cartoons, Peter Cullen, his voice is great.

Oh and Disney/Pixar's "Ratatouille" comes out on DVD tomorrow, definitely go pick that one up. I saw it twice in the theater, again, research, and it's a goal/dream of mine to work for Pixar. I loved it, Pixar is to date flawless with their films, Ratatouille continues that. It's a buyable dvd.

1 comment:

Amanda Jayne Dibb said...

You know, I thought Ratatouille was a tad slow. It is my least favorite of the Pixar flicks, coming in behind The incredibles...which is...incredible.