Friday, August 22, 2014

What if

Wallace and Chantry meet at a party.  Due to current relationships and in spite of their obvious attraction for one another, they each decide that they will just be friends.

I really wanted to like this.  I did.  But I didn't.  I couldn't.  I can't.  I won't.  This is such a poorly written "love" story.  I can't put my finger on it exactly.  I am not clear if it is the unlikeable characters, the forced dialogue, the uninteresting story, the cast, or just the entire package, but I found myself annoyed right from the start and then just horrifically bugged by the end.

As a fan of the iconic When Harry met Sally, I really thought that this might be along those lines, perhaps with a dark modern twist.  No, not even up to par.  It is more like a trite attempt at brightening Annie Hall.  I can't reiterate enough how fake and staged the discourse was, not to mention that when it was all said and done, I not only didn't care about the characters and what happened to them, but I was bored by their plight in general.

I really wanted to like this.  I did.

I don't.

* 1/2 Barely Rentable

Rated PG-13 (for language and sexual content)

No comments: