Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Let's Be Cops

Two best friends struggling to make ends meet within the City of Los Angeles dress as police officers for a costume party and accidentally become the neighborhood heroes. This new found adoration and “success” goes to their heads as they parade about LA doing “Police Work.” However they soon find their pretend badges tangled up with real life criminals.


I will admit that I went to go see this movie to see one line of dialogue.

“That’s what you get!”

Yep, that’s all I wanted to see. I had zero expectations going into this other than it would be stupid. I suppose I was accurate in that assumption, however, what was unexpected was how much I actually enjoyed the stupidity. The plot is totally absurd and ridiculous yet it immediately usurps all sense of logic and for some reason you roll with it. There are moments of laugh out loud farcicalities that reminded me of the antics of my teenaged brothers back in the day. It was surprisingly well cast and the characters have a random likability about them in spite of their own folly.

The movie is rated R and rightly so for language and some crude dialogue which is a disappointment as the perfect demographic for this flick seems to be boys under the age of seventeen. Nevertheless, aside from my editing critiques, the random story holes, or that the ADR is poorly synced I was still pleasantly entertained by the juvenile larks not to forget that the scene mentioned above, was totally worth it. 

** ½ Rentable

Rated R (for language, crude dialogue, and gun violence)

No comments: