Monday, December 3, 2007

Slug watches "Churchball"

I finally had surgery on my gimpy right knee on Wednesday morning. HALLELUJAH!! I only tore my acl 4 months ago, so needless to say, I'm glad to have the surgery in the rearview mirror. So for the next 4 weeks I look forward to being back at my parents, laying like a slug on the couch, able to do nothing but elevate my leg and watch movies. And then 6 months of rehab. So if you see me sometime in the next 6 months, don't be surprised if I'm a little more huskie than you remember me being, extended periods of inactivity and mom feeding you every meal will do that to you. But anyway, in my sluggified state, my parents recieved their new Netflix movie, "Church Ball". A film depicting the violent world that is Mormon Church Basketball, aka the brawl that starts with a prayer. The movie is kind of dumb but actually quite funny, especially to those of you who've had any experience with real church ball. I saw Hulk Hogan on Jay Leno once say professional wrestling is nothing compaired to Mormon church basketball. The character that has a swearing problem was particularly entertaining, he had me laughing quite a bit, they bleep out his swearing which somehow makes it even more funny.

I recommend renting it, especially if you've played church ball.

**

1 comment:

Amanda Jayne Dibb said...

I too watched Churchball--the "swearer" is the only good thing in the movie.