Friday, December 14, 2007

Alvin and The Chipmunks

Fortunately nobody vomited during this movie, which is a good sign I guess. Since I worked on "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The video game" for the new movie, the company I work for took us all to it. We do that for all the movie-games we work on. Needless to say expectations were very low going in, and that helped. It's actually entertaining, quite mediocre, but not terrible, it makes you laugh at parts. There's actually a joke with helium that is quite unexpected and quite funny. Kids will probably enjoy this movie a lot, parents will find it somewhat barable. Don't rush to your local theater, unless your kids really want to see this or you are a die-hard Chipmunks fan.

And go buy "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The videogame" for your Wii, Playstation, Nintendo DS or PC today. Keep in mind the videogame is also for kids, but keep an eye out for the animation, I did most of the Alvin animations for the game.

**

6 comments:

Hillary Corpuz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hillary Corpuz said...

all I know is that non of my kids have seen this movie, yet they quote lines they have heard on the commercial, you should see Ella do the "bow, chica wow wow" scene.. hilarious!

Amanda Jayne Dibb said...

I watched the New Siskel and Eibert reveiw and they were just like...its awful...don't do it.
And that was it...just done.

It made me laugh.

Unknown said...

I've heard other people say that about their kids. It made $45 million over the weekend, not too shabby.

Hillary Corpuz said...

Saw Alvin and liked it. Kids loved it of course. Theatre was packed. There were quite a few parts that I laughed on.

Unknown said...

Well that's good, many families are agreeing with you because it's doing really well at the box office.