Wednesday, December 26, 2007

National Treasure: Book of Secrets

So I didn't see the first National Treasure. I don't know that it really matters as I seemed fully able to follow the new story without the aid of the previously mentioned movie. It would seem in this episode, Ben Gates (Cage) is trying to clear the name of his great-great grandfather, Thomas Gates, who has been accused as one of the masterminds behind the Lincoln assassination. To do this he must prove that Thomas Gates was listed amongst the conspirators because he had information to an ancient American Indian treasure and that the confederates were after it. How does he prove this?....find the treasure.

Although the idea is kind of fun...the movie is not. Much like The Da Vinci Code, they pull information out of no where, which isn't that much fun to watch. Part of the whole "going to the movies" experience is in fact visual, so when you don't get to see how someone is figuring out clues, but just pulling it out of thin air and rushing around--eh, not so much fun. The dialogue is hokey and Nicolas Cage is too old, his hair looks fake. Oh but for those of you that are in love with this new action adventure series, fear not, they blatantly inform us of soon to be part 3.

** Rentable

Rated PG (for some violence)

2 comments:

Hillary Corpuz said...

oh bummer.. I don't really remember the first one in detail, but I do remember liking it. Im glad I am not the only one to openly disagree with the greatness of da vinci..

Unknown said...

Da Vinci Code was totally average. Granted I haven't read the book and everyone that has tells me that makes the movie sooo much better, but if I have to read a novel to enjoy a movie, they didn't make it right.