Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Midnight in Paris

An aspiring author roams the streets of Paris dreaming of the golden age of art and literature.

I am not a huge Woody Allen fan, but I loved this movie.  It is idealistic, sweet, charming, and a tad cynical.  I really loved it.  Owen Wilson who I find has a difficult time playing anybody other than himself was really well fit for this character.  Rachel McAdams was perfect as well as the list of caricatures.

I think this is quite possibly Woody Allen's best movie ever.  Granted as an aspiring writer myself, perhaps I found the story more endearing than others might -- nevertheless I think that most people can relate to idealizing a time or era that seems, from our futuristic point of view, as golden.

*** 1/2 MUST SEE!!


Rated PG-13 (for some sexual references)

2 comments:

Tyson said...

One small criticism, you are an aspiring critic....not a writer. That part of life you seem to have accomplished :)

Amanda Jayne Dibb said...

Noted.

Thank you. :)