Thursday, July 14, 2011

Horrible Bosses

Three friends have the same problem, they all work for individuals that make their lives absolutely miserable.  Quitting is not an option and when all three are pushed to the brink, they decide that their only alternative is to kill their respective bosses.

 OK, I knew going into this movie that it was going to be crude and vulgar, full of profanity and sexual references, which it was.  That kind of thing just typically isn't my brand of humor.  Nevertheless, having said that, I will also admit that I don't remember the last time I laughed so much at the movies.

I love Jason Bateman! Seriously I think that he is quite possibly the most under rated actor in Hollywood.  He is absolutely brilliant. The whole cast was fabulous actually.  Kevin Spacey who is always great, seems to excel at being the bad guy.  Jennifer Aniston totally steps outside the box and proves she can play something other than herself.  And Colin Farrell whom I normally swoon over was so amazingly sleazy you forget who he is.

Again this is not for everyone as it is profane,  lots of bad language and bawdy dialogue, however the discourse that goes beyond that is so very funny and clever.  Anyone that has experienced a less than ideal working environment will appreciate this as well as be able to relate to the nuances that make this movie work.

*** Not something I would recommend to everyone or perhaps anyone -- but I found it hilarious.


Rated R (for coarse language and crude sexual references)

No comments: