Friday, April 16, 2010

The Joneses


The Jones family moves into a posh community to show the local residents everything that they are missing out on. From the hippest styles to latest techno trends, the fastest cars to the most exquisite food, the Joneses have it all. Their job is to make everyone else want it.

Talk about the power of marketing. This movie was so bitterly cynical. I loved it. The wonderful manipulative world of marketing is shown at its darkest level, our friends. I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed watching the villainous advertising take on the neighborhood. Granted I was disappointed in the ending – all I will say about that is that the finale didn’t go with the delectably disparaging tone of the rest of the flick, but I suppose that even with that flaw I am still willing to buy… and sell this product.

*** Must See

Rated R (for language and sexual content)

No comments: