Sunday, January 11, 2009

Last Chance Harvey

In London for his daughters wedding, Harvey, a struggling jingle-writer misses his plane to New York thus losing his job. He meets up with Kate an unhappy single Brit and the two make a connection.

Ummmm...I don't really like my synopsis. It bores me, which should tell you a lot about the movie, as it bored me too. The pacing was extremely slow, which worked well for the awkward first date scene, but unfortunately carried on through out the entire film which was somewhat painful.

Dustin Hoffman was annoying and Emma Thompson, whom I normally love, was disappointing. Eileen Atkins however, who played Thompson's mother--was really fun and the best part of the whole movie, which is sadly less than 10 minutes.

* 1/2 Rentable

Rated PG-13 (language)

No comments: