Sunday, July 27, 2008

The X-Files: I Want to Believe

Dr. Dana Scully, now working at a children's hospital is asked by the FBI to help them locate Fox Mulder. One of the FBI's agents is missing and they believe that Mulder's "expertise" could help them track her down.

So as someone who was never a devout X-Files fan, I would watch an episode randomly at 4:00 in the morning, which in turn led me to see the first movie, which I thought was great--very entertaining and very well done. So naturally I thought that number two would be just as much fun as the first supernatural thriller....not so much.

The movie itself was muddled. The plot loses its way and you find yourself not sure what it is we are meant to believe in. I suppose for those that have never seen an X-Files episode this is an easy introduction, nothing to scare the newbies away nevertheless little for the zealots to cling onto. This was actually more like watching an extreme Law and Order episode rather than X-Files--that's how little supernatural events played into it.

** Rentable

Rated PG-13 (for violence and thematic material)

2 comments:

Hillary Corpuz said...

Im such a dork. Was there already a 1st XFiles movie? And I missed it?

Unknown said...

Yes. Like 10 years ago.