Tuesday, July 15, 2008

HellBoy II: The Golden Army

The Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense returns to save the human race from the Elf Prince who is on a rampage to end a thousand year truce between his world and ours. He brings with him thousands of "tooth fairies" that devour human flesh and bone. Hellboy, aka Red, along with his paranormal crew expose themselves to the human world making it difficult to fulfill their mission.

Ok so I didn't see the first HellBoy--however as you may or may not have noticed - the list to the side shows that I Netflixed it so that I would be brought up to speed. Nevertheless I never got around to watching it before I saw the sequel. It would seem though, that watching the original is not absolutely necessary. I didn't seem to miss out on any of the plot and nothing seemed to refer back to the original. Having said that, this movie was terribly boring. The beginning is fun and the little tooth fairies are disgusting albeit really cool, but the plot is horrifically weak and after the first 20 minutes I didn't care at all. I will give them credit for the CGI--which was very Pans Labyrinthesque--and very cool. That in and of itself is not enough to carry this movie--needless to say--Hellboy (the original) is going back to Netflix unwatched.

*1/2 - Barely Rentable

Rated PG-13 (for violence)

1 comment:

Hillary Corpuz said...

don't be too hasty, the first Hell Boy wanst half bad. Let me know what you think.