Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm so Behind!!

Alright people, I'm sorry, I am extremely behind in my reviews so while I make a pathetic effort at catching up here are a few glimpses at what I've seen:

The Switch:

Ehhhh, Jason Bateman was fun and the little boy was really funny.

** Rentable

Rated PG-13 (for language, sexual content and dialogue)













Takers:

OK this was totally eye candy.  It was like Oceans 11 meets Die Hard, but it didn't really work, nevertheless those on screen were very fun to watch.

*** Eye Candy (what can I say, I love Paul Walker)

Rated PG-13 (for violence and language) 











The American:

I really liked this.  It is a slow methodical, character piece but it works well.  If you like independent film I strongly suggest you see this. Oh and do I need to mention that George Clooney is in it?

*** See it

Rated R (for language, violence, and sexual content)











Get Low:

This was at Sundance and although a tad predictable I thought it was kind of funny, well Bill Murray is funny. The rest is kind of sad and slow.

** 1/2 Rentable

Rated PG-13 (for brief violent content)











Scott Pilgrim vs. The World:

This is totally like watching a video game.  If you grew up playing the original Nintendo or are a current gamer, I think you will really like this. Take note, it is about 35 minutes too long.

** 1/2 Rentable

Rated PG-13 (for violence, language, and sexual content)












Easy A:

Funny, clever, sharp, and poignant.  I really liked this.  It reminded me of Clueless, but more cynical.

*** 1/2 See it.

Rated PG-13 (for language and sexual content)











The Town:

This really wasn't my favorite.  Can't put my finger on it, but the characters just didn't mesh well for me and the story didn't seem polished enough for me to care either way.

** Rentable

Rated R (for violence and language)






So again I will work on getting actual reviews of the above movies posted.  In the mean time accept my apology and I will pledge to do better and never get this far behind again.

3 comments:

Dibbers said...

I am still recovering by the fact that you like Paul Walker!! Possibly the worst actor of our time.

Amanda Jayne Dibb said...

What can I say... guilty pleasure.

Unknown said...

That is quite questionable. Very un-Mandy like. Paul Newman would be ashamed.