Friday, September 17, 2010

Step Up 3D

A young freshman in college is trying to balance his studies with his true passion; hip-hop dance. As he gets more and more involved in the dance world he finds himself in the middle of a fight to help keep his newly joined dance crew alive and together.

This is the only Step Up movie I have seen, but from what I understand each version uses the same actors but creates a completely new and different story with those actors. So I wasn't missing any plot points by not seeing the first two. My wife having taken years of dance classes from K through college, had quite the influence on me getting to the theater to see this movie. That said I did enjoy the dancing portions of the movie very much, it's amazing stuff. But a part from that there is a high portion of cheese throughout the movie and the actual 3D parts are pretty weak.

Not worthy of a theater trip or even a rental, I'd wait until the cool dance scenes are on youtube and get your fill of cool hip-hop dancing there.

** out of 4

No comments: