Sunday, May 17, 2009

Angels and Demons


Robert Langdon, noted symbologist, is called upon to help the Catholic Church find four kidnapped Cardinals and save the Vatican from obliteration.

I never read the books. Nevertheless I was much more entertained by this movie than I was DaVinci Code. Like Matt said, The DaVinci Code was too easy. Cracking codes left and right, never explaining how or why. This flick was much more engaging. It made more sense, was more intriguing, and had a greater sense of urgency.

I still thought, again having never read the book, that it was way too predictable, but I guess I was still entertained. Tom Hanks does a decent job and is much better in this one. The storyline was really interesting and I found myself wanting them to spend more time explaining the history behind the mystery. But hey they were limited on time, so I guess I will have to catch it on the History Channel.

Entertaining, despite its predictability.

**1/2 Rentable

Rated PG-13 (for violence)

No comments: