Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Based on the short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Benjamin Button, is a man who is born in his late 80's and ages backwards. He meets a young girl and they become fast friends although their lives are literally traveling in the opposite direction.

This was an entertaining, albeit very long movie. It clocked in barely under three hours. Nevertheless it was interesting and made you think about aging and the prospect of getting old--is that a good thing?. Anyway the story is very simple, not much to it. In fact there really isn't much of a plot, just random adventures that don't really lead us any where.

This film as a matter of fact, totally reminded me of Forest Gump--just not as memorable (which is not saying much as I tend to think of Forest Gump as forgettable). It is like seeing historical events through the eyes of a not so ordinary person. It was cute and sweet and I guess I am glad I saw it. But if it is ever on TV-I'll probably change the channel.


**1/2

Rated PG-13 (language and sexual content)

No comments: