Friday, November 19, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

Harry Potter and friends are back in Part 1 of the adaptation of book seven.

I am assuming that most of you have read the books and don't need me to give you a synopsis of what took place? Good. Ok so I went and saw the midnight showing of Potter and for the first time I was actually surprised when it was over.  In the past the Potter flicks all run way too long -- and I find myself looking at my watch wondering how much longer, but this one was different.  Which is good I suppose, considering that there is probably two hours and forty five minutes more to come in Part 2.

If you are a fan and have devoutly seen all the other films, you of course need to see this one as well.  However if I may add a word of caution for those of you taking little people.  This episode is by far the most bloody, the most violent, and in a few scenes uncomfortably sexual.  So keep that in mind if taking the kids.

** 1/2 Rentable


Rated PG-13 (for violence and frightening images)

No comments: