Saturday, August 7, 2010

Dinner for Schmucks

Tim is on the verge of a huge promotion within his company, it hinges however, on a dinner with his boss and the other senior executives.  Tim is then informed about the "rules" of this monthly gathering.  Each person must bring a guest with them,  someone "extraordinary".

I think you get the idea.  They bring obnoxiously odd people to dinner and make fun of them.  The movie is awful.  It was so painfully uncomfortable to watch that I spent most of the time squirming in my seat looking at my shoes.  It has a few funny moments but those come at a great cost and are not worth it.

The set up and the plot are much like that of Meet the Parents to the extreme.  Where our main character keeps finding himself in horrific situations with seemingly no way out.  I kept asking myself, why?  Why would he do that?  Why would he allow that to happen?  Why didn't he put a stop to that?  Why am I here?

Really not my kind of comedy... annoying, uncomfortable, and unnecessarily crude.

* Not-A-Chance

Rated PG-13 (for language and crude sexual content)

No comments: