Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fast and Furious

Ex-con Dominique Toretto is once again at odds with agent Brian O'Conner, but this time they find themselves both working against a common enemy. They must try and trust one another to each get what they want all while speeding along the streets of LA in boisterous muscle cars.

So can we say eye candy? Admittedly the only reason I went to this movie was to stare at Paul Walker, -yes It's true. So you can imagine my surprise when there was actually a story behind all the sugar. I know! Shocking. In fact although it isn't the greatest story, they put enough effort into it that I found myself thinking there was somewhat of a lack of the cars and gratuitous violence. Seriously do you see how low my expectations were?

This is mindless entertainment that puts forth a semi-decent effort to have a plausible plot--and is just way fun to watch.

*** Must See (if for nothing more than Paul Walker)

Rated PG-13 (for violence, language, and sexual content)