Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay, Part 1

Katniss Everdeen has been covertly freed from the life-threatening, population-controlling Hunger Games and is now the face of the rebellion against the Capitol.

Yet another series divides the final chapter into 2 movies, further padding the studios pockets and supposedly giving the fans more of what they want.  While this is a very intense, well acted movie, it does feel like they had to stretch things out to make it a full length movie.  Also it fails to give us a true resolution, which of course we'll get in part 2 of the finale.  Like I said, it is very intense, but possibly in need of a little more humor here and there to change the pace up a bit.  I have not read the books, but I can only imagine the intensity is lessened when you know what's going to happen, as I'm told the films are quite faithful to the books.  I enjoyed the movie, was very into it, but was annoyed when it ended, realizing I had to wait another year or two to find out what happens...or I guess I could read the books.

*** out of 4 - worth a trip to the theater, especially if you've invested time in the first two.

Official Site: http://www.thehungergamesexplorer.com/us/



No comments: