Monday, September 26, 2011

I Don't Know How She Does It

Kate is a successful financial analyst, happily married, and the mother of two.  She seems to have it all but when she is offered a high profile account at her firm, her job takes center stage and she struggles to keep all the pieces together.

I have to admit that I actually liked this.  Granted, I went in with extremely low expectations.  I was prepared for Sex and The City 3, which, who are we kidding,  it kind of was... however truth be told it is by far the best episode in that trilogy.

You all know that Sarah Jessica Parker is capable of playing only one role, that of herself, well it actually worked here.  The dialogue is witty and smart.  The characters are funny and engaging.  The plot was predictable and a tad trite,  but hey, two out of three isn't too bad.  OK that is a blatant lie, but I laughed enough that I am willing to overlook the mundane storyline.

This is not something that anyone needs to rush out and see, but if one does see it you will be pleasantly surprised and delightfully entertained.

** 1/2 Rentable


Rated PG-13 (for sexual references and language)

No comments: