Saturday, December 25, 2010

True Grit

A 14-year-old girl sets out to bring her father's killer to justice.  She enlists the help of an aging US Marshall and a Texas Ranger to track him down.

I love this movie!  I do.  I have seen it twice already and would gladly see it again.  There is absolutely nothing spectacular about it but it totally sucks you in.

The dialogue, a lot of which is verbatim from the original, is so clever and sharp.  Take notice that they don't use conjugations, very cool.

The casting was really amazing too. I was shocked that Jeff Bridges was able to take on the John Wayne role and make it his own and, strike me down for saying so, but I think even better. He is much more unkempt and unsympathetic which as a character makes him more believable.

**** Oscar Worthy


Rated PG-13 (violence)

No comments: