Monday, May 19, 2008

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

The two sons of Adam and the two daughters of Eve return to Narnia after being back in London for a year. Upon their return they find that hundreds and hundreds of years have passed in Narnia. Everything is foreign to them and they find themselves in the middle of a war.

This wasn't, in my opinion, as good as The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Mind you I watched this on the tails of the Jazz/Laker game so admittedly I was a little out of sorts when I saw the movie. Nevertheless even in my state of sorrow I was still able to detect the severe lack of character development in the second installment. Long stretches of battle scenes that are not really necessary tend to pull you out of the story. It also plays down the religious/spiritual aspect so much so that I didn't really get the ending--as it is very abrupt--granted I didn't read the book, so there may be parts that I am missing. Still despite its flaws, it was entertaining and had a great soundtrack.

*** (Not really a Must See, but one you want to see on the big screen)

Rated PG (Violence)

1 comment:

Hillary Corpuz said...

We saw Prince Caspian at Disneyland. He was over rated..